PASS CX - Changing Guest Account Password
When a student requests access for a guest in PASS, the guest receives two emails: one with a username and a separate email with a link to a temporary password. After logging into PASS for the first time, the guest is encouraged to change this temporary password. Below are the steps needed to make this change.
Follow the steps outlined below to access our student information system (PASS) and change your password:
NOTE: Guests will initially receive two emails--one with their username and one with a link to access a temporary password. The guest MUST clear their cache, use a different browser, or use a different computer than the student when clicking on the password retrieval link or they may encounter the following error:
1) Locate your Guest Username which was emailed to you. 2) Access the link in the Password Email to view and copy your temporary password.
3) Login to PASS here - go.uwplatt.edu/pass - with the username and password.4) Once you have successfully logged in, change your password by selecting "Change My Password" in the left menu. This will open a new tab.
5) Enter your temporary password into the "Current Password" field.
6) Enter your new password into the "New Password" field. The password must be at least 12 characters long.
7) Re-enter your new password in the "Confirm Password" field.
8) Click on the CHANGE PASSWORD button.
9) If your new password meets the requirements, you will get the message "Your password has successfully been changed."
10) If not, you will get an error message to indicate the issue. Make adjustments to meet the requirements until the change is successful.
11) Click on the OK button and close the tab to return to the Dashboard.
12) Log out and log back in with your new password to confirm that it works.
- ID and password credentials are case sensitive
- This allows guest access via online sign on only. FERPA requirements do not allow us to discuss student information over the phone or in person in the absence of the student
- Student may update, change or remove guest access at their discretion
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.