Boebel 213 Conference Room Technology Guide
An overview of the conference room presentation system in Boebel 213.
Select your desired presentation mode from the touch panel:
- AV Presentation - Local Recording: Use this mode when presenting with visual aids (PC, laptop, mobile device, etc) to a local audience. This mode also allows users to record to a USB flash drive using the room’s built-in USB recorder.
- Audio Only – No Recording: This mode only turns on the audio equipment in the room. Used when presenting without visual aids, but sound reinforcement (such as a wireless microphone) is needed.
- Web Conferencing – Cloud Recording: Use this mode when remote audiences need to view the presentation.
Presenting Information in AV Presentation Mode or Web Conferening Mode
- Unmute the projector and flat panel monitors by pressing the red “Projector Mute” and “Monitors Mute” buttons on the touch panel.
- Select your desired sources from the list of available options on the touch panel (PC, Document Camera, Device Share, HDMI, or VGA).
Controlling the Room Camera in Web Conferencing Mode
- Press the red “Camera Power” button in the lower-right corner of the touch panel to turn the camera on.
- Press the “Camera Controls” button on the touch panel. A pop-up dialogue box will appear with controls to pan the camera side-to-side, tilt the camera up and down, and zoom the camera in and out.
Web Conferencing Device Names
When conducting a web conference, please ensure the following devices are selected in your web conferencing software:
- Camera: Extron MediaPort 200
- Microphone: Echo Cancelling Speakerphone
- Speaker: Echo Canceling Speakerphone
Using a Wireless Microphone
*NOTE* A microphone MUST be used when conducting a web conference or creating a recording (local OR cloud).
- Retrieve a wireless microphone from the charging station next to the document camera.
- Flip the switch on the body back or wireless handheld microphone to "ON".
- Press the red “Mic Mute” button on the LCD screen to unmute the microphone input.
- Use the “Up” and “Down” buttons under the “Mic Mute” button to adjust your volume appropriately.
Playing Audio From a Device
- Select your desired source from the list of available options on the touch panel.
- Press the red “Device Mute” button on the LCD screen to unmute the device audio input.
- Make sure the audio volume on your displayed device is turned up.
- Play your media on the displayed device. Use the “Up” and “Down” arrows under the “Device Mute” button to adjust your volume appropriately.
Connecting a Laptop or Mobile Device
- Use the HDMI connectors in the tabletop cubbies to connect a laptop or mobile device to the flat panel monitor for local presentations.
- Select HDMI1 or HDMI2 on the touch panel to display your device.
- Press the “System Shutdown” button in the upper right corner of the LCD screen to turn the projector, sound system, and other AV components off.
- Log off of the in-room computer.
*** NOTE – This AV system is scheduled to automatically shut down after 120 minutes of inactivity. To reset the 120-minute timer, press any button on the LCD screen. If the system automatically shuts down, simply turn it back on by selecting a presentation mode on the LCD screen (see “Getting Started” section above)
Contact Information - Teaching and Technology Center