Web Development - Web Trouble Shooting Steps
Steps for trouble shooting error on the web for the public website, Portal, Dashboard, and other Web Development based tools.
Web Trouble Shooting Steps
- Did you get a dark screen with a Sentry form that asks what you are doing or a "500 Server Error"?
- This is an issue in the software and Web Development will be notified through the error tracking system.
- You can still reach out to the Help Desk.
- That's it. There is nothing else to do until Web Development fixes the issue.
- Try loading the page in a Private Browser ( Incognito ) session.
- Is this a permissions issue? The page may display "403 Unauthorized"
- The user may require an LDAP group to access the page.
- If the error can be recreated please explain how or what you did to the Help Desk:
- URL that the issue happens on
- Steps to recreate the issue if user interaction is needed to throw the error
- Where you logged in or not
- Browser used
- Browser version
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.