Office 365 - Disabling Teams meetings by default in Outlook
When creating an Outlook calendar even with at least one invitee, a Teams meeting option is added by default. This occurs whether you have added a Zoom meeting or selected a physical location. These instructions walk you through how to disable Teams meeting by default.
- Go to Pioneer Portal at https://portal.uwplatt.edu/ and log into Email (Office 365)
- If it does not open to your email, select Outlook
- Go to Settings (gear icon, upper right).
- Click "View all Outlook settings"
- Select Calendar
- Select Events and invitations
- UNCHECK the box for "Add online meeting to all meetings"
NOTE: You may still opt to add a Teams meeting to your Outlook calendar event by toggling the "Teams meeting" switch from OFF (gray) to ON (blue).
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.