Topics Map > Campus Services > Web conferencing
Zoom - Virtual office hours in Canvas
A guide to setting up Zoom virtual office hours inside of a Canvas course.
1. Log into your Canvas course
2. Click on the Zoom tab (left hand side)
3. Click “Schedule a New Meeting”
4. Name the meeting “Online Office Hours”
5. Check “Recurring meeting”
6. Under “Recurrence” drop-down select “No fixed time”
7. Enable waiting room if you want to ensure only 1 person is in there at a time
8. Make sure “Enable join before host” is disabled
9. Click "Save"
Under an announcement, you can post your office hours and then instruct them to click on the "Zoom" tab and join the "Online Office Hours" meeting during the posted time. If you want them to schedule office hours with you outside of your posted times, they should do this through Outlook and have them join the "Online Office Hours" during the scheduled time.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.