Topics Map > Security
NetID and Password - How to Change Your Challenge Responses
How to update challenge and response questions after they have already been answered.
- Go to the UW-Platteville Password Self Service Page and click on the "Setup Responses" link.
- Enter your UW-Platteville NetID (Username) and Password and click the "Login" button or press the "Enter" key.
- Select four questions from the options provided and enter the corresponding answer for each. Click "Save Responses". Your responses will appear as dots on this page.
- Select two questions from the options provided and enter the corresponding answer for each. These answers may be used by the Help Desk staff to verify your identity if their assistance is required for your password reset. Click "Save Responses".
- All of your responses will display. If they are correct, click "Confirm Responses". If not, go "Back" using the blue button. NOTE: Because your responses are displayed in plain text (i.e. others can read them), be aware of your surroundings when performing this action.
It is important to remember these responses so that you can gain access to your account in the event you forget your password, or your password expires.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.