Topics Map > Network Connectivity
Topics Map > Security
NetID and Password - How to Change Your Password
How to change your campus password.
NOTE: Effective March 2017, the minimum number of characters required is 12 (not 8).
1. Go to the UW-Platteville Password Self Service Page
2. Enter your UW-Platteville NetID (Username) and Password and click the Sign in button or press the Enter key.
3. Select Change Password
4. Review the Acceptable Use Policy and click I Agree followed by Continue. NOTE: If you do not agree to the policy, you will not be able to set or change your password.
5. Enter a new password which conforms to the UW-Platteville Password Requirements. NOTE: The bar above the New Password field will let you know if your password meets the requirements.
6. Re-enter your new password in the Confirm Password field.
7. Click the Change Password button. NOTE: The bar above the New Password field will let you know if the passwords match.
It is best practice to refrain from writing your password down. Your password is your primary defense and front-line security for your data. If someone obtains your password, they have complete access to your account, your data, and all the system privileges you have. You must not share your password because you are responsible for all actions taken by anyone with whom you share your password.
ITS will never ask for your username and password in an email - or in a link from an email. Never, ever. SERIOUSLY!
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.