Topics Map > Security
NetID and Password - How to Change Your Password
How to change your campus password.
- Go to the UW-Platteville Password Self Service Page and click on the "Change Password" link.
- Enter your UW-Platteville NetID (Username) and Password and click the "Login" button or press the "Enter" key.
- Enter a new password which conforms to the UW-Platteville Password Requirements.
- The bar above the "New Password" field will let you know if your password meets the requirements.
- Re-enter your new password in the "Confirm Password" field. And click on the "Change Password" button. The bar above the "New Password" field will let you know if the passwords match.
- Click the "Continue" button.
It is best practice to refrain from writing your password down. Your password is your primary defense and front-line security for your data. If someone obtains your password, they have complete access to your account, your data, and all the system privileges you have. You must not share your password because you are responsible for all actions taken by anyone with whom you share your password.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.