Topics Map > Campus Services
Topics Map > Hardware
Checkout Laptop - Borrower's Responsibilities
Article detailing the laptop borrower terms and agreement.
- Laptop must never be left unattended
- Do not load personal software onto the laptop
- Should any item be lost or damaged, you will be held responsible for the replacement or cost of the equipment.
- Laptop must be returned after 72 hours or late fees will be assessed.
- Late fees are $10/day. Other registrar holds, and legal action may result.
- If a laptop is not returned, it will be considered theft of University property. A police investigation will be initiated and the patron will be charged full replacement costs.
- The Office of Information Technology has the right to track any laptop not returned within the 72 hour check out period.
- All policies governing the use of campus information technology resources apply to the use of the laptops. The policy is available online at http://www3.uwplatt.edu/its/information-security-policies
- After 3 violations of the above policies, future laptop checkout will be revoked for the period of one semester.
- Laptops must be returned after 72 hours of checkout time.
- Laptops must be returned prior to the start of any extended break.
- It is your responsibility to return the laptop during staffed hours. Staffed hours are posted in each lab.
- Laptops must be returned to an ITS Help Desk Consultant only. Do not leave them at the front desk of the Library or with any other University staff.
- Late fees are $10/day for each day late. Please plan accordingly!
- Laptops may not be checked out immediately after check-in. A minimum one hour waiting period is required. This will allow other patrons to have the opportunity to use this limited resource.
- Keep the laptop at room temperature. Do not expose the laptop to excessive temperatures (such as leaving the laptop in your car in winter/summer).
- Avoid dusty or dirty work environments. Dust and dirt can clog the internal mechanisms of the laptop. Any laptop returned dirty will result in a fine of $10.
- Always log out and shut down when your work is completed. Do not leave the laptop on overnight.
- Do not simply unplug the laptop. Make sure it is shut down properly.
- Keep all liquids away from the laptop. Liquid will cause extreme damage and will result in a fine!
- Be careful not to bump, drop, or place objects on the laptop.
- When transporting the laptop, make sure to use the provided carrying case.
- Returned late: $10.00/day
- Missing Network Cable: $5.00
- Excessive Cleanup $10.00
- Missing Keys: $15.00
- Missing Power Cable: $50.00
- Cracked/Broken Screen: $100