Topics Map > Campus Services > Storage
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Windows
Online Storage - Map a drive (Windows 7)
How to connect to network storage (J-Drive, S-Drive) on Windows 7 while on the UW-Platteville campus network.
- Open a new Windows Explorer window by double clicking on the computer icon on the desktop or from the start menu. A shortcut is also simultaneously pressing the Windows logo key and "E"
- Click on "Map network drive"
- Select the drive letter you would like to map. The example below shows how to map your user drive or J drive. You must replace "last initial" with the first initial of your last name, and "NetID" with your campus username. Other common drives to map on campus are:
- Shared1 or S: \\shared1.nw.uwplatt.edu\shared1
- App1 or H: \\app1.nw.uwplatt.edu\app1
- User1 or J: \\user1.nw.uwplatt.edu\user1
- Data1: \\data1.nw.uwplatt.edu\data1
- Enter your campus credentials and click "OK".
The network drive will now be listed in your Windows Explorer window.
Additional storage locations:
Current Storage Volume URLs for Mac:
Shared network storage: //Shared1.nw.uwplatt.edu/shared1/
Personal network storage: //User1.nw.uwplatt.edu/user1/
Shared Application storage: //App1.nw.uwplatt.edu/app1
Old Website storage: //Web1.nw.uwplatt.edu/web1
Media Tech Services media storage: //Media1.nw.uwplatt.edu/media1
Other Data storage: //Data1.nw.uwplatt.edu/data1
Desktop images: //Image1.nw.uwplatt.edu/image1
IT only storage: //Tech1.nw.uwplatt.edu/tech1
Temporary Network storage: //HDCopy.nw.uwplatt.edu/hdcopy
Current Storage Volume URLs for Windows:
Shared network storage: \shared1.nw.uwplatt.edushared1
Personal network storage: \user1.nw.uwplatt.eduuser1firstinitialusername
Shared Application storage: \app1.nw.uwplatt.eduapp1
Old Website storage: \web1.nw.uwplatt.eduweb1
Media Tech Services media storage:
Other Data storage: \data1.nw.uwplatt.edudata1
Desktop images: \image1.nw.uwplatt.eduimage1
IT only storage: \tech1.nw.uwplatt.edu
Temporary Network storage: \hdcopy.nw.uwplatt.eduhdcopy