Topics Map > Campus Services > Storage
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Windows
Online Storage - Map a drive (Windows 7)
How to connect to network storage (J-Drive, S-Drive) on Windows 7 while on the UW-Platteville campus network.
- Open a new Windows Explorer window by double clicking on the computer icon on the desktop or from the start menu. A shortcut is also simultaneously pressing the Windows logo key and "E"
- Click on "Map network drive"
- Select the drive letter you would like to map. The example below shows how to map your user drive or J drive. You must replace "last initial" with the first initial of your last name, and "NetID" with your campus username. Other common drives to map on campus are:
- Shared1 or S: \\shared1.nw.uwplatt.edu\shared1
- App1 or H: \\app1.nw.uwplatt.edu\app1
- User1 or J: \\user1.nw.uwplatt.edu\user1
- Data1: \\data1.nw.uwplatt.edu\data1
- Enter your campus credentials and click "OK".
The network drive will now be listed in your Windows Explorer window.
Additional storage locations: