Storage - Map a drive via WebDAV (Windows 7, 8.1, and 10)
How to access campus network storage using the WebDAV protocol and ownCloud.
- Log in to ownCloud by going to www.uwplatt.edu/go/storage and choosing "Log in to ownCloud"
- Click on the gear icon in the lower left corner of the browser window.
- Highlight the full URL listed in the WebDAV field and press cntrl+C or right click and choose "Copy".
- Open a Windows Explorer window by double clicking on the Computer icon or by pressing the Windows key + e
- Right click on the computer name/computer icon and choose "Map Network Drive".
- Choose a drive letter if desired, or leave the preselected letter.
- Paste the URL you previously copied into the "Folder" field.
- If you would like this drive to map every time you log in, check the box to "Reconnect at sign-in". Also, check the box to "Connect using different credentials". Then click "Finish".
- At the Windows Security prompt, enter your campus username and password. Then click "OK". NOTE: Do not use your full email address for your username.
- Windows Explorer should now open to reveal the contents of ownCloud.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.