Storage - Map a drive via WebDAV (Windows 7, 8.1, and 10)
How to access campus network storage using the WebDAV protocol and ownCloud.
- Log in to Storage on the Go by going to https://go.uwplatt.edu/online-storage and clicking on the orange login button.
- Click on the gear icon in the lower left corner of the browser window.
- Highlight the full URL listed in the WebDAV field and press cntrl+C or right click and choose "Copy".
- Open a Windows Explorer window by double clicking on the Computer icon or by pressing the Windows key + e
- Right click on the computer name/computer icon and choose "Map Network Drive".
- Choose a drive letter if desired, or leave the preselected letter.
- Paste the URL you previously copied into the "Folder" field.
- If you would like this drive to map every time you log in, check the box to "Reconnect at sign-in". Also, check the box to "Connect using different credentials". Then click "Finish".
- At the Windows Security prompt, enter your campus username and password. Then click "OK". NOTE: Do not use your full email address for your username.
- Windows Explorer should now open to reveal the contents of ownCloud.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.
If you are having trouble connecting, please refer to the See Also article about the WebClient service needed for WebDAV mapping. Windows 10 - WebClient Service