Virtual Desktop - Installing VMware View Client - Windows
Download and connection instructions for VMware View on Windows
- Obtain the latest client by going to https://view.ion.uwplatt.edu. Click on "Install VMWare Horizon Client", then on the VMWare web site, click the "Go to Downloads" link that corresponds to your operating system architecture. If you need help finding your operating system information see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-operating-system
- Run the downloaded file by double-clicking to begin the install.
- Typical installation has all the settings you need. Click "I Agree & Install".
- Click "Finish".
- Restart your computer.
- Launch the application and click on "New Server" or "Add Server".
- Enter the server address as: view.ion.uwplatt.edu and click Connect.
- Enter your campus login information and click "Login". This is your username only, not your email address. You will then see a list of desktops that you are entitled to use.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.