Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > VMWare View Environment
Virtual Desktop - Installing VMware View Client - Windows
Download and connection instructions for VMware View on Windows
For a list of client updates: https://www.vmware.com/support/viewclients/doc/viewclients_pubs.html
2. Select Appropriate View Client for Your Device
(Windows users, not sure which version? See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218)
3. After you have downloaded the program you can begin the install.
4. All but one of the selections will remain as the default. Just click Next to continue.
5. You will need to accept the software agreement, then click Next on the next two screens.
6. At the screen below you will need to enter the server information: view.ion.uwplatt.edu and click Next to continue.
7. You may select any of the options below according to your preferences for the application shortcut. Click Next to continue.
8. Click Install.
9. At the end of the installation, select “Finish." You will be asked to restart your computer.
You are now ready to run VMware View.
- Virtual Desktop - Running VMware View
- Virtual Desktop - FAQ
- Virtual Desktop - What is it and why should I use it?
- Virtual Desktop - Known Issues
- Virtual Desktop - Getting Started in Virtual Labs
- Virtual Desktop - Reporting an Issue
- Installed Software on Virtual Desktops
- Virtual Desktop - Installing VMware View Client - Mac