Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > VMWare View Environment
Virtual Desktop - Installing VMware View Client - Windows
Download and connection instructions for VMware View on Windows
- Obtain the latest client by going to https://view.ion.uwplatt.edu. Click on "Install VMWare Horizon Client", then on the VMWare web site, click the "Go to Downloads" link that corresponds to your operating system architecture. If you need help finding your operating system information see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218
- Run the downloaded file by double-clicking to begin the install.
- All but one of the selections will remain as the default. Just click Next to continue.
- You will need to accept the software agreement to continue the installation.
- Use the default setting of IPV4 and click Next.
- Leave the options with the default settings and click Next.
- Enter the server address as: view.ion.uwplatt.edu and click Next.
- Leave Enhanced Single Sign On settings as their defaults and click Next.
- Select where you would like shortcuts to be placed and click Next.
- Click Install.
- When installation is complete, you will be prompted to reboot. Click Yes to reboot immediately and No to delay the reboot.
- Virtual Desktop - Running VMware View
- Virtual Desktop - FAQ
- Virtual Desktop - What is it and why should I use it?
- Virtual Desktop - Known Issues with Solidworks
- Virtual Desktop - Getting Started in Virtual Labs
- Virtual Desktop - Reporting an Issue
- Installed Software on Virtual Desktops
- Virtual Desktop - Installing VMware View Client - Mac