Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > VMWare View Environment
Virtual Desktop - Installing VMware Horizon View Client - Windows
Download and connection instructions for VMware View on Windows for personally owned computers. For campus workstations, please refer to Software Center to install the VMware Horizon View client.
- Obtain the latest client by going to https://view.ion.uwplatt.edu. Click on "Install VMWare Horizon Client", then on the VMWare web site, click the "Go to Downloads" link that corresponds to your operating system architecture. If you need help finding your operating system information see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-operating-system Please note, VMWare has a "Windows 10 UWP" client, but this is NOT a specific client for our campus. DO NOT use the Windows 10 UWP client.
- Run the downloaded file by double-clicking to begin the install.
- Typical installation has all the settings you need. Click "Agree & Install".
- Click "Finish".
- Restart your computer.
- Launch the application and click on "New Server" or "Add Server".
- Enter the server address as: view.ion.uwplatt.edu and click Connect.
- Enter your campus login information and click "Login". This is your username only, not your email address. You will then see a list of desktops that you are entitled to use.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.
- Virtual Desktop - Running VMware View
- Virtual Desktop - FAQ
- Virtual Desktop - What is it and why should I use it?
- Virtual Desktop - Known Issues with Solidworks
- Virtual Desktop - Getting Started in Virtual Labs
- Virtual Desktop - Reporting an Issue
- Virtual Desktop - Installed Software
- Virtual Desktop - Installing VMware View Client - Mac