Accounts - Account Provisioning for Guests
Guest accounts are created for people that are not employees or students at UW-Platteville but still involved with activities at our campuses. Guests receive limited access to campus systems.
Who is eligible for a guest account
Examples of those who qualify for a guest account are:
- Retired or emeriti employees of UW-Platteville
- Student organization advisors not employed by or enrolled at UW-Platteville
- Community members serving on campus committees
- Emeriti accounts are not automatically provided or retained; emeriti accounts that are not accessed regularly may be deleted.
- When an emeriti or retired employee is transitioned from an employee account to a guest account, the account
Who is not eligible for a guest account
- New employee accounts are automatically provisioned up to 90 days before the employee's start date. Therefore, incoming employees are not eligible for guest accounts.
- Former students who need transcripts are not eligible for guest accounts. Please contact the Registrar's Office for a copy of your official transcript.
A guest account includes
- UW-Platteville email address which will receive all general campus email updates and notifications
- Ability to log into campus workstations
- Personal home directory (J:\)
- Authorized access to data on network storage (ex: S:\)
Limitations of guest accounts
- A guest account includes only a UW-Platteville email account. A guest account does not have access to SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, or the Office 365 Suite apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Guest accounts are not authorized to use virtual desktops.
To request a guest account
- The Guest Account Request form must be submitted at least one week prior to the date
the account is needed.
- All guest account requests must be sponsored and endorsed by a current employee of UW-Platteville.
- Complete all fields on the Guest Account Request form.
- The completed form is submitted to Information Technology Services for
consideration. Please understand that submitting a request does not guarantee approval.
- If approved and processed, recipients of guest accounts must present a photo ID at the Help Desk to obtain their NetID and password.
NOTE: By submitting the Guest Account Request form you agree to read and abide by the Policy - Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources
How We Use Your Information
- Legal Name, Gender, and Date of Birth are required to generate a unique NetID.
- Gender, Date of Birth, and Current E-mail Address are used for internal purposes only and will not be included in public directories.
- Legal Name, Phone Number and Mailing Address will be included in the UW-Platteville Online Phonebook by default.
To access your Office 365 email
You may access your Office 365 email through the Pioneer Portal at https://portal.uwplatt.edu/ . The Portal is also accessible through the ITS page on the campus external website at https://www.uwplatt.edu/department/information-technology-services. Just select the Email button and log in with your full email address and password.
NOTE for Emeriti: If you used to access your email through Outlook desktop client, you must now use the Outlook Web App through Pioneer Portal. Guest accounts do not include desktop clients.
Renewal of guest account
Guest accounts expire on January 1 of the year following creation. Guests will receive an email 30 days prior reminding them to renew the account if needed.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.