Office 365 (Outlook 2013) - Create or edit a task
You probably keep a list of things to do on paper, in a spreadsheet, or maybe both. In Outlook, you can create tasks, get reminders, and track your progressâ€”all in one place.
- Click Tasks > New Task or press Ctrl+Shift+K.
- In the Subject box, type a name for the task. If you’ve got a lot to enter, keep the subject short, and then add the details in the task body.
- If there’s a fixed start or end date, set the Start date or Due date.
- Set the task’s priority by using Priority.
- If you want a pop-up reminder, check Reminder, and set the date and time.
- Click Task > Save & Close.
There’s a fast way to create a task based on an email message you received. For more information, see Create a task from a message.
- Click Tasks.
- Find the task you want to edit and double-click the task to open it.
- Make the desired changes and click Task > Save & Close.
- Click Tasks > Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the delete action.