Online Storage - Configure FileZilla SFTP for Campus Storage
How to create a new site configuration in FileZilla to connect to UW-Platteville campus storage.
- Open FileZilla and click on the "Site Manager" button in the top left toolbar.
- Click on the "New Site" button.
- When the new site is created, the name of the site is already highlighted. Just begin typing to name the site, then enter the connection information in the right side of the window.
This will provide sftp connections to Acad1 (K: Drive), Shared1 (S: Drive), User1 (J: Drive) and Tech1 (T: Drive) .
Protocol: SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
- Click on the "Connect" button to immediately connect, or "Ok" button to save the site and close the site entry window.
- Enter your password when prompted.
- Accept the unknown host key to complete the connection. If the box is checked to "Always trust this host...." this step only needs to be done once.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.