Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Windows
Topics Map > Network Connectivity > Wireless
Wireless - Connect to UWPlatt wireless on Windows 7
How to connect the Windows 7 Operating System to the campus UWPlatt wireless network.
- Click on the wireless network icon in the bottom right corner of the Windows 7 System Tray to show the list of available wireless networks.
- Select UWPlatt and click "Connect". Only guests to campus should use the UWGuest network.
- Since UWPlatt is a secured network, a username and password is required to connect. Once you enter the following, click "OK"
Username: Your UW-Platteville NetID
Password: Your UW-Platteville password
- Since UWPlatt is an encrypted wireless network, a Windows Security Alert will appear. Click "Connect" to continue.
- In response to the Security Warning, you may need to supply your username and password again to complete the connection.
- You should now be connected to the UWPlatt network. You may see a "limited connectivity" error initially, but this should clear within a few seconds.