Software - Point & Click Software End User Setup
If the computer is a shared resource, this process will need to be done for each user that logs in to use the computer, if they need to access the Point & Click Software.
How to setup the Point & Click Software on your local computer.
- Login to Computer
- Double Click Computer on Desktop
- Click Map Network Drive (middle top of window)
- Select Drive: F: from dropdown window
- Type Folder: \\hs1\releases
- Check Box Reconnect at Logon (this will reconnect for the current user only the above drive at logon)
- Click Finish
- Type in Username as: email@example.com (where "username" is your UW-Platteville username)
- Type in Password
- Check Remember My Credentials Box
- Click OK button (after clicking a new window should pop up)
- Double Click Application Folder
- Double Click Application Manager Folder
- Right Click Application Manager (green arrow icon)
- Click Copy
- On Desktop Right Click, Paste ShortCut
This will also need to to happen every time that a user resets their password. Soon there will be a permanent fix so redoing this when you password has been changed will be a non-issue.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.