Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > VMWare View Environment
Virtual Desktop - Running VMware View
Instructions for running VMware view
If you have not installed the VMware client, refer to document Virtual Desktop - Installing VMware Horizon View Client - Windows
1. Open the application. The server information should already be populated.
2. Double-Click the "view.ion.uwplatt.edu" server.
2. Enter your UW-Platteville NetID and password. Click Login.
3. Select appropriate machine, i.e. "Bears Den" by double-clicking.
Your Virtual Machine will load now. Once it loads you should see the standard Windows desktop. When you are finished working, you can go to the Start Menu and select “Shut Down” like you would on a regular computer.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.
- Virtual Desktop - Installing VMware Horizon View Client - Windows
- Virtual Desktop - FAQ
- Virtual Desktop - What is it and why should I use it?
- Virtual Desktop - Known Issues with Solidworks
- Virtual Desktop - Getting Started in Virtual Labs
- Virtual Desktop - Reporting an Issue
- Virtual Desktop - Installed Software
- Virtual Desktop - Installing VMware View Client - Mac