Topics Map > Campus Services > PASS
PASS - How to Use Schedule Builder -- detailed version (student)
Schedule Builder is a tool accessible within PASS which allows students and/or advisers to create a schedule of classes for a specific term. With Schedule Builder, students may factor in obligations such as work or practice and generate various schedules from which to choose.
2. Select Self Service.
3. Select Student Center.
4. Click the Schedule Builder link.
5. Click Click Here to launch the Schedule Builder. Schedule Builder will open in a new window.
Note: You may need to allow pop-ups for Schedule Builder to work. If pop-ups are not enabled, a message will appear in your browser window. Follow the instructions to "allow pop-ups."
6. Select the appropriate term.
7. To select desired courses, click Add Courses.
Note: For additional assistance with Schedule Builder, click Help Videos in the upper right.
There are two ways to find desired courses:
a. Search by Subject & Course: Select a Subject, select a course, click Add Course.
b. My Planner: Select course(s) from My Planner Courses, click Add, close the window.
8. To block off time in which you cannot attend class (i.e. for work or practice), click Add Breaks.
Give the break a name, select start/end times, select days, and click Save Break.
Repeat this process as necessary.
9. When courses are chosen and breaks are entered, you are ready to Generate Schedules. A list of possible schedules will appear.
10. To view an individual schedule, click View to open in full view or hover your cursor over the magnifying glass to see a pop-up.
To compare multiple schedules simultaneously, select the checkbox of up to four (4) schedules, and click Compare.
11. When you find a schedule that works, click Send Schedule to Shopping Cart to begin registration. Close the Schedule Builder window.
12. In PASS, click on Course Enrollment.
13. Select the appropriate term and click Continue.
14. Click import cart.
15. Confirm courses before adding to your cart.
16. Then finish enrolling.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.