Topics Map > Campus Services > Web
Web - Child menu links not dropping down
This is the solution to a common problem of child menu items that are not dropping down when you hover over the parent menu link.
There is a Show As Expanded check box that needs to be selected in the menu link settings in order for the parent menu item to allow the child links to drop down when you hover over the parent.
- Log into Drupal/webCMS using your campus credentials.
- Go up to the Structure button on the left side of the black tool bar at the top of the page.
Click on the Menus button
- This will take you to the Structure page
Find the section’s menu system you want to change and click the List Links button on the right associated to that section.
- This will take you to the Menus page which is a list of all the content sections you have access to.
Find the parent menu item that you want to give the drop down functionality to and select the Edit button on the right side associated to that link.
- This will take you to the Sections menu system
Check the Show As Expanded box about two thirds of the way down the page.
- This will take you to that menu link’s options
Click Save button at the bottom.
Navigate back to your website and check to make sure it worked.
- This will bring you back to the menu system page.