Topics Map > Policies
Topics Map > Security
Information Security Program - Sec. I: Privacy Protection
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to safeguarding all personally identifiable information we obtain about our customers and visitors, whether internal or external. The only personally identifiable information the University collects via electronic mail, administrative systems or the campus web site, including those web sites currently being maintained by third-party, trusted providers is that which is voluntarily provided by our customers and visitors. Tracking information is collected and analyzed so that we may improve our service offerings to our users. This tracking information is kept confidential to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. In certain instances, tracking information may be shared with approved vendors for diagnostic purposes. However, agreements are established with vendors to insure the confidentiality of any shared information.
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies/agencies who work on behalf of the University of Wisconsin - Platteville to provide a product or service you have requested. These companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- We respond to legally issued subpoenas, court orders or a legal process; or
- We find it necessary to protect and defend the legal rights or property of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.