Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Windows
Topics Map > Network Connectivity > Wireless
Topics Map > Network Connectivity > Wired
Windows 7 - How to Change DNS and IP Settings to Automatic
This article shows where the DNS and IP address settings are located in Windows 7 and how to edit them to get connected to the campus network.
- Navigate to the Control Panel on your computer
- Click "View network status and tasks"
- Click "Change adapter settings"
- Right click on your wired network adapter, then click properties.
- Select IPv4 by highlighting it and then click properties
- Make sure that automatic is selected for both IP and DNS settings.
- When finished, click OK to exit these windows.