Hardware- Getting Clickers for Your Class
A guide on how to get clickers for your class
Before getting started, you should have the following information gathered and readily available:
- Class Number(s) and Section(s)
- Classroom(s) you will be teaching in
- Which computer(s) you plan on building content with (Office, Laptop, Home, etc.)
1. You must request clickers to be issued for your class when you request your textbooks in the Textbook Center. When filling out your book request form for the Textbook Center, make sure that you write down “Clickers” as one of your selected required books. This will notify the Textbook Center that they need to check out a clicker to the student. You will need to provide class number(s) and section(s).
Note: Your students will pick up their clickers when they pick up their textbooks. They will be issued one per semester and it will work for all classes that require a clicker. They will need to return it with their text books at the end of the semester. If they experience any technical difficulties with their clicker, they may contact the ITS Help Desk at x1400.
2. After placing your request with the Textbook Center, you will need to contact Media Technology Services to receive a clicker, receiver, and to have the software installed on the computers you plan on using.
3. Once the software is installed, a Media Technology Services specialist will meet with you and train you on how to create clicker presentations using PowerPoint. They will also instruct you on how to use clickers to get feedback from the students while in the classroom. If at any point you require additional training or have any questions concerning the use of clickers, please contact the ITS Help Desk at x1400.
4. At the end of the semester, you have to return your clicker and receiver to Media Technology Services.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.