Topics Map > Campus Services
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Mac OS X
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > VMWare View Environment
Virtual Desktop - Installing VMware View Client - Mac
Download and connection instructions for VMware View on a Mac
- Browse to: https://view.ion.uwplatt.edu
- Select Install VMWare Horizon Client.
- Download the Mac VMWare Horizon Client.
- Begin the install by double-clicking the file.
- First you must agree to the EULA by clicking "Agree"
- Click and drag the "VMWare Horizon View Client.app" to your applications folder.
- Launch the application and click on "Add Server".
- Enter the server address "view.ion.uwplatt.edu" and click "Continue".
- Login using your campus credentials. Enter your NetID and password and click "Login".
- Once logged in, you should see a list of the desktops which are available to you. To launch a desktop, double click that desktop.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.