Topics Map > Campus Services > Printing
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Windows
Printing - Install Networked Printers for Windows 7 (Not on Domain/personal computer)
This is the instructions for installing a networked printer on a machine that is not joined to the domain. This process is most likely to be followed by students or staff wishing to add a campus printer to their own personal computer. This will only work if connected to the UWPlatt wireless network or campus wired network.
- Open the control panel and search for "Credential Manager" then click on "Credential Manager".
- Click on the "Add a Windows Credential" link.
- Enter \\printzilla.ion.uwplatt.edu as the server, ION\NetID (Replace "NetId" with your campus username) for the username, and your campus password in the password field.
- Navigate back to the control panel and select "view devices and printers". (If you are not in "Category" view, it will be called "Devices and Printers".)
- Click on the "Add Printer" button.
- Click on "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer"
- Click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
- Enter in \\printzilla.ion.uwplatt.edu\. As soon as you enter the final "\" you should see a printer list appear. Scroll through the list to select the desired printer, or type the name of the printer queue if known and click next.
- A dialog should appear that displays the printer install progress. When complete, you will receive a confirmation page that the printer was installed.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.