Topics Map > Campus Services > Printing
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Windows
Printing - Install Networked Printers for Windows 7 (Ion Domain/campus computer)
This document is to help you walk through the steps of manually installing a printer on a campus Windows 7 workstation. This process will only work if connected to the UWPlatt wireless network or campus wired network.
- Click on the Start Button then click on "Devices and Printers".
- Click on "Add a printer"
- Click on "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer".
- Click on "The printer that I want isn't listed".
- Click the radio button next to "Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature" then click "Next".
- Type the name of the printer you want to install, then click "Find Now". Highlight the printer in the list below and click "OK".
- A dialog box will appear indicating the installation progress. Once complete, you will see a successfully added message. Click "Next".
- If you would like this printer to be your default printer, make sure the check box is checked and click "Finish". You can also print a test page if you would like.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.