Topics Map > Campus Services > E-mail
Office 365 - OWA - Opening a Shared Mailbox in another Window
If you are using a web browser to access your e-mail through OWA, then to open a shared mailbox (generally a department or organization account)...
Department and organization accounts are called "shared mailboxes" in Office 365. You can open a shared mailbox that you have access to in a separate browser window, creating the functionality as if you'd logged into the account directly.
1. Log into Office 365 from the e-mail login page (www.uwplatt.edu/go/email > orange E-Mail Login button) with your own credentials.
2. Click on Outlook from the top menu to open your e-mail account.
3. Click on the “avatar” in the upper-right hand corner of the page.
4. Select Open another mailbox… from the drop-down menu.
5. Type the e-mail address of your department account in the text box and click Search contacts and directory.
6. Select your account from the list (if there is more than one match) and click Open.
7. A new browser tab will open for your department mailbox. The first time, you will be prompted to set the time zone for the account.
8. Now you should see the entire department account in one browser tab/window and your own account in another.
See full version with screen shots: OpenSharedMailboxOWA.pdf
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.