Office 365 - OWA - Opening a Shared Mailbox in another Window
Department and organization accounts are called "shared mailboxes" in Office 365. You can open a shared mailbox that you have access to in a separate browser window, creating the functionality as if you'd logged into the account directly.
If you are using a web browser to access your email through Outlook Web App (OWA), to open a shared mailbox (generally a department or organization account)...
2. Select the Email button and log in using your university username and password (NetID).
3. Click on the “avatar”/initials in the upper-right hand corner of the page.
4. Select Open another mailbox…
from the drop-down menu.
5. Type the email address of the desired account in the text box; options will auto-populate. If you see the one you're looking for, click on it. If not, click Search directory
until you do.
6. Once you have selected the account from the list, click Open
7. A new browser tab will open for the account mailbox. The first time, you will be prompted to set the time zone for the account.
8. Now you should see the entire account in one browser tab/window and your own account in another.If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.