Topics Map > Campus Services > E-mail
Office 365 - Outlook desktop client - Create automatic reply (out of office)
In Outlook desktop client, you can compose an automatic reply message that senders will receive when you are not available. Separate messages may be set for internal and external senders.
1. Go to the File tab
2. Select Automatic Replies (Out of Office)
3. To activate, select Send automatic replies
4. To specify a date range, check Send during this time range: (if range is not set, auto reply will send until deactivated)
5. Set Start and End times
6. Compose message for internal senders (Inside My Organization tab)
7. Compose message for external senders, if desired (Outside My Organization tab)
To activate messages for external senders, be sure to check Auto-reply to people outside my organization on the Outside My Organization tab8. When ready, click OK.
You may opt to send the auto-reply to anyone outside the organization or limit to your contacts only
To deactivate the automatic reply1. Go to the File tab
2. Select Turn off on the Automatic Replies button
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.