Topics Map > Campus Services > E-mail
Topics Map > Campus Services > PASS
Office 365 - Import class schedule from PASS using Outlook desktop client (students)
These instructions will take students through the process of exporting a class schedule from PASS as an iCal and importing it into Office 365 using Outlook desktop client. To complete the process, the newly-imported class schedule will need to be moved to the default calendar so that others can view free/busy times.
To export the iCal from PASS
- Log into PASS
- Click Student Center tile. (Color of header and tile shadows are different because these screen shots are taken in a test environment.)
- Click Weekly Schedule. If nothing appears in the week displayed, go forward or backward until you find classes
- Click Printer-friendly Page (near the bottom) If you cannot see the link, you may need to scroll to the right, so you can see more of the right side of your screen.
- Click Send iCal button (near the top). [A message might appear announcing "An e-mail containing your iCal has been sent." If so, Click OK.]
- An e-mail will be sent to your campus address from UWPStdntAdmin. Please do not reply to this message; it is automatically generated.
- Open Outlook desktop client
- Go to Mail
- Open the e-mail from UWPStdntAdmin
- Double-click on the iCal file. (shown in screen shot of previous step)
- Click OK on "Add this Internet Calendar to Outlook?" popup
- Calendar will automatically load and open on the Outlook Calendar tab. Default title of Untitled.
- Right-click on "Untitled" label under Other Calendars on left side of screen (as shown above); Click "Properties" and type whatever you choose to name this calendar.
To import the saved iCal into Office 365
This process does not result in a “live” sync; meaning, if you change your schedule in PASS, the change will not be reflected in Office 365 automatically. You may handle changes by going to Office 365 and deleting or adding a course to the new calendar manually.
You will need to repeat the process after each new registration period (November and April).
The iCal will contain your calendar data from week/term you are viewing and everything going forward. For example, if you have summer and fall classes, and you open the calendar in the summer term, your schedules for summer and fall should populate in Office 365. If you open PASS in your fall schedule, only your fall schedule will populate. If you attempt to create the iCal from a term in which there are no classes, you will receive a message saying there is no information. Simply arrow forward to a week with classes and try again.
If you do not have the desktop client installed on your computer, you may create events from scratch on your default calendar in OWA.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.