Unified Communication - Setting Up & Accessing Voicemail
Read below for how to set up and access your campus phone voicemail inbox.
Setting up voice mail on your Cisco phone
- Press the Messages icon
- Enter the initial PIN: 7383
- Follow Wizard instructions to establish:
- Recorded Name
- Standard Greeting
- Your PIN
- Once PIN is set, you may hang up.
To check voice mail from the Cisco phone
- A red light on the handset indicates you have new voice mail.
- Press the Messages button on your phone
- Enter in your voice mail PIN followed by the # key using the number pad.
- Your new message will begin to play.
- Press 3 to review old messages.
- Once in your message, your options include:
- Press 1 to repeat
- Press 2 to save
- Press 3 to delete
- Press 5 to forward
- Press 6 to mark message as new
- Press 0 for Help
To check voice mail from your Office 365 Inbox
- Voicemail message will arrive as a .wav attachment from Cisco Unity Messaging System. To listen to the message, double-click on the attachment. Depending on which browser you use, you may need to install a media player.
Note: If you listen to the message in Office 365 AND keep the email in the Inbox, the message will be saved on your phone, but the red light will no longer display. If you move the voice mail message to any other folder, before or after you listen to it, the message will be erased from you phone and the red light will not display. As long as the message has not been permanently deleted from you Office 365 account, you can go back and listen to the voice mail attachment at any time
To check voice mail remotely
- From any external phone, call your full UW-Platteville phone number
- Once you reach the voice mail prompt, press the *(star) button using your number pad
- Enter your 4-digit UW-Platteville extension when prompted to enter your ID and press #
- Enter your voice mail password/PIN when prompted. Press # to continue
- You will now be entered in the the voice mail system.
- Follow the prompts to manage your voice mail.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.