Topics Map > Campus Services > Storage
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Office Productivity
Office 365 - Accessing OneDrive in Office 365
Instructions for accessing OneDrive, the storage component of Office 365 for current UW-Platteville students and employees
OneDrive is a part of your Office 365 account that provides file hosting service, allowing you to upload files and access them from a web browser. As a current student or employee of UW-Platteville, OneDrive also allows you to share files with other UW-Platteville students and employees and work on documents simultaneously.
- Your individual campus account is allotted 1TB of storage in OneDrive (vs 5GB on the J drive).
- OneDrive is not available in UW-Platteville guest accounts.
- OneDrive is accessible online through Office 365.
- The OneDrive app is available on any university-owned laptop or computer.
- The OneDrive app can be downloaded to your Android or iOS device; search the respective app store.
Accessing OneDrive in Office 365
Within OneDrive you can create new files and folders, upload existing files and folders, share documents with other uwplatt account holders, and access documents shared with you. For more information on using OneDrive, check out Microsoft's OneDrive Help & Learning resources.