Topics Map > Campus Services > Storage
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Office Productivity
Office 365 - Accessing OneDrive
OneDrive is a part of your Office 365 account that provides file hosting service, allowing you to upload files and access them from a web browser. As a member of UW-Platteville, OneDrive also allows you to share files with other UW-Platteville account holders and work on documents simultaneously. See below for guidelines on storing and sharing campus files in OneDrive.
Instructions for accessing OneDrive, the storage component of Office 365
OneDrive is only accessible through the Outlook Web App. You cannot access OneDrive through the Outlook desktop client.
Accessing OneDriveLogin into your account through the email landing page at www.uwplatt.edu/go/email.
1. Once in Office 365, click on the App Launcher
2. Select OneDrive
3. To access an existing file in OneDrive, click the desired title.
4. To access a file shared with you, select Shared with me from the left panel.
5. Click New to create new file; select the desired application or New Folder.
6. You may also choose to upload an existing file.
7. To exit a file, click your name at the top left. For files shared with you, the name of the file’s creator will appear instead.
8. To exit OneDrive, open the App Launcher and select the desired feature.
NOTE: You can pin OneDrive or any app in Office 365 to your task bar for easy use. Refer to Office 365 - Customize Nav Bar in Outlook Web App in the ITS Knowledge Base.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.