Topics Map > Campus Services > Storage
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Office Productivity
Office 365 - Sharing a file from OneDrive
Instructions for sharing a file or folder from OneDrive, the storage component of Office 365
Sharing a file or folder from OneDriveYou can share files and folders in OneDrive with other UW-Platteville account holders only. If you have a personal OneDrive account, you will not be able to share between the two.
Sharing files allows multiple people to edit the same file simultaneously.
1. There are several ways to initiate a share a file in OneDrive:
a. While creating or editing a file, select2. In the Share dialogue box, enter email addresses and select Anyone with the link can view.
b. In the Documents list, open the options Menu for an existing file or folder and select Share
c. Open an existing file and select from the task bar.
3. Under "Other settings," select Allow editing if you would like viewers to see and edit the document
4. Add a message, instructions, etc, if desired.
5. Sign-in is required by default if "People in University of Wisconsin-Platteville with the link" is selected. Any work-related documentation should require sign-in. For personal documents you wish you make public, select "Anyone with the link," or the other options.
6. Click Apply.
- Each invitee will receive an email invitation with a direct link to the file.
- The shared file is also accessible under Share with me in the recipient’s OneDrive.
- Recipients must be in Outlook Web App to access shared files.
Guidelines for storing files in OneDrive
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.