OTT-020 Conference Room User Guide
Please see the linked, printable guide.
This article outlines the basic steps for using the soft codec videoconferencing functionality of OTT-020.
Note: Most components are inside a locked cabinet in OTT-020. To gain access, you will need to get a cabinet key from the EMS Dean's Office.
- Remove the USB Speakerphone, the wireless keyboard and mouse, the TV remote control, and the camera remote control from the cabinet and place the items on the conference table.
- Use the TV remote control to power up the display. Ensure that the input selection is HDMI 2.
- Use the camera remote control to power up the camera.
- Tap the space bar on the keyboard to wake the computer. If you don’t see the computer image on the TV within a few seconds, check the LEDs near the power switch on the PC to ensure it is powered on.
- Place the USB Speakerphone in the center of the conference table.
- Slide the power switch to ON.
- Ensure the microphone switch is ON.
- Ensure the volume control is at the maximum.
- Computer setup:
- Ensure the computer volume is set at 100%. Use the USB Speakerphone volume control to adjust the level during the conference.
- Launch your soft codec videoconferencing application (Skype, etc.) and verify the hardware settings.
- Microphone: X1-N6
- Speakers: X1-N6
- Camera: USB PC Camera
- Computer shutdown:
- Exit the soft codec videoconferencing application.
- Log off the computer. You don’t need to turn it off, the power settings will set it to sleep automatically.
- USB Speakerphone: slide the power switch to OFF and place the device in the cabinet.
- Use the camera remote control to turn off the camera.
- Use the TV remote control to turn off the TV.
- Place the remote controls and wireless keyboard and mouse in the cabinet.
- Lock the cabinet and return the key to the EMS Dean’s Office.