Topics Map > Campus Services
Blackboard Collaborate: Setting up a Meeting
Blackboard Collaborate is available to all UW-Platteville staff and faculty from the My UW System employee portal.
Setting up a Meeting
- Go uwplatt.edu and click on Faculty and Staff.
- Click “My UW System (employee portal)” under Quick Links.
- Sign in and click on Web Conferencing.
- Click Schedule a Web Conference and enter the following session information:
- Create a Session Name.
- Choose a start and end date (Dates will need to be in the future).
- Add Session Details to what you would like (Hover over the question mark if you are wondering what they mean).
- When you type a person's name in the name field, or an email address in the address field, the system will search for matches. When you click on a match, the other field will automatically populate.
- The the default for the Moderator field, is No. If other people will be moderating, change their status to Yes.
- Click Save Participants once you have added all participants to the list.
Accessing a Meeting
When you click on a link to Join Session, follow these steps.
- If you have not downloaded the launcher yet, click Download the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher. Then go through the prompted steps of installing the launcher. Otherwise, click Launch Blackboard Collaborate now.
- Once the launcher is installed, a meeting.collab file should download. Click on the meeting.collab file to enter the meeting.