Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: View Student Progress Tool
VERSION 10.3 OR HIGHER
The View User Progress tool provides information to instructors about each student's progress with course materials that have been placed in Desire2Learn.
Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click the More dropdown menu.
- Choose Edit Course.
- Select View User Progress Note: Tools are listed in alphabetical order under Edit Course.
Note: In the Class Progress view, a simple dashboard shows four measurements for each student.
- Click Settings to view each of the four measurements that appear on the dashboard. Click the dropdown menu next to the name to change the location of the measurement in the dashboard or select a replacement measurement with one of five other measurements available.
- To view all nine measurements for a student, either use the Search users box in the upper right corner to type in the name of a student or scroll through the list and select the student by clicking on student's name. Note: Clicking on the picture of the student will display the student's profile.
Note: By default, in User Progress view, all nine summaries are shown for the student.
- Click Settings to modify which summaries will be displayed. Note: Changes made under Settings applies to any student information displayed. Enter the percentage to mark students as On Track, Some Concerns and At Risk. Use the dropdown menu located by each color indicator to pick highlight colors for each category.
Note: There are 10 reports to choose from on the left side of the screen. These reports show the log of when and what the student did in the course. There are three time settings to choose from on the upper right portion of the screen. Additional detail information can be seen by clicking the show/hide icon on each gray bar.
If you have questions, please contact the DLC Help Desk at 608.342.1303, or 877.854.3083. You can also visit the DLC Help Desk's web page for information on hours of availability.