Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Insert Video File Into Content
This is the method for inserting a video file into a D2L content page. Use other methods for inserting YouTube videos, links, or Films on Demand.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Select the page from the content section that you wish to insert the video into and click the Edit Topic button.
- From the edit pop-up window, click the Insert Stuff button from the toolbar in the editor.
- This is on the Basic or Advanced toolbar as seen below.
- You can upload your file by browsing for it or if you’ve already uploaded it, you select it from the Course Offering Files.
- Provide the Link Text and Alternate Text (required fields).
- Make sure the Lock aspect ratio checkbox is checked.
- Set the Width to 800.
- Set the Height to 600.