Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
VERSION 10.1 OR HIGHER
Desire2Learn has so much to offer to students. Knowledge of a few key icons and frequently used menus can help students access their courses, view their grades, and manage assignments and schedules efficiently and easily.
- Access to Desire2Learn course
- NetID and password
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- The thin bar at tthe top of the page is called the MiniBar. This is used to navigate within Desire2Learn.
- To the left of the MiniBar is a Course Dropdown list. This can be used to access courses.
- Select a course.
- To the right of the MiniBar are three notification icons.
- The will notify of any messages.
- The will notify of any updates.
- The will notify of any subscriptions.
- To the far right of the MiniBar is a menu for user information and settings.
- The dropdown gives the option edit profile, change notification settings, view class progress, and logout.
- Below the MiniBar is the Navigation Bar (NavBar). This provides links to course-specific tools.
Note: Depending on the course, the NavBar may look different.
- Below the NavBar is the Course Homepage.
Note: The course Homepage will look different from course to course.
- The News area will display announcements specific to the course.
- The Updates area will display the number of quizzes not attempted, unread discussion messages and number of dropboxes with unread feedback.
- On the NavBar, click Content.
- Content has access to items for the course.
- Select the Dropbox tab.
- The Dropbox is used to upload and submit assignments.
- Select the Classlist tab.
- The Classlist provides a list of students and instructors that are in that course.
- Select the Grades tab.
- Grades will show up-to-date information on assessments.
- Under the More tab, click Calendar.
- The Calendar will show future deadlines.
Note: Depending on the course, the Calendar might not show future deadlines.
If you have questions, please contact the DLC Help Desk at 608.342.1303, or 877.854.3083. You can also visit the DLC Help Desk's web page for information on hours of availability.