Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Navigating the Desire2Learn Content Tool (Students)
VERSION 10.3 OR HIGHER
Content is navigated through a table of contents that supports a module and submodule structure. The Table of Contents remembers the expanded/collapsed state of modules from session to session, and includes options to expand all and collapse all with a single click. The Content tool features an expandable left menu panel which allows quick navigation to any topic or module in the course. The panel also supports swipe gestures on tablets. Swipe left to expand and right to collapse the panel on both iPad and Android tablets. Students have the ability to check the content section for course materials such as, PowerPoint overviews, readings, syllabus, assignments, etc. Additional information on Navigating the Content Tool can be found at Content in the Desire2Learn Online Resource Center. Following this link will direct you away from the UW-Platteville Knowledgebase.
- Enrolled in a UW-Platteville course
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Select Content on the navigation bar.
- On the left side navigation bar, click Overview.
Note: In the Overview area, general information and a description of the course are listed.
Note: In the left navigation bar, bookmarks and upcoming event can be viewed.
- Click Bookmark to create a bookmark for a specific module or topic from the course.
- Click Upcoming Events to view events related to the course.
- Click Table of Contents to see all of the modules displayed in the right panel.
- Click on an individual module name in the Table of Contents to focus the right panel on that Specific content.
Note: Students are able to view upcoming events such as, upcoming assignments, extra credit opportunities, and exam dates using this tool. Students can only view upcoming events for each specific course.
Note: The Table of Contents displays all modules and assignments on the navigation bar created by the instructor.