Topics Map > Campus Services > Multimedia
Add New Media to MyMedia - Media Upload
KALTURA MEDIASPACE VERSION: 5 OR HIGHER
MyMedia supports uploading media content to MyMedia space. The type of media content supported are video, audio or image files.
- University NetID login access to Kaltura MyMedia.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Open the MyMedia Landing HomePage.
- Login with NetID.
- From the +Add New button dropdown list, select and click Media Upload .
- Click the +Choose a file to upload button .
- A new window will open to browse for a file to upload. Select the desired media file.
- The file media upload progress bar will display while the file is uploading.
- After the media upload has completed, the uploaded media file will automatically be saved to MyMedia space. The media upload process is completed at this point.
Note: The Published radio button is not selectable to publish media from this location even though the page displays how to enable the "Published" option.
- (Optional) Enter a description in the Description box field as information about this media upload.
- (Optional) Enter a tag into the Tags box field. To facilitate administration of UW-Platteville videos stored in the Kaltura repository. Minimally tag the media upload with the abbreviated department name and course number (e.g., DEL7510, BASD2610, ENGRPHYS3640).
- (Optional) If any optional metadata above was added, click Save button to finish and save the metadata details.