Topics Map > Campus Services > Multimedia
MyMedia: Add/Upload New Media
MyMedia supports uploading media content to MyMedia space. The type of media content supported are video, audio or image files.
Note: Audio files saved as MP3 file types can be renamed to MP4 using your computer to rename file types.
- University NetID login access to MyMedia.
- Open the MyMedia Landing HomePage.
- Login with NetID.
- From the +Add New button dropdown list, select and click Media Upload..
- Click the +Choose a file to upload button.
- A new window will open to browse for a file to upload. Select the desired media file.
- The file media upload progress bar will display while the file is uploading.
- After the media upload has completed, the uploaded media file will automatically be saved to MyMedia space. The media upload process is completed at this point.
Note: The Published radio button is not selectable to publish media from this location even though the page displays how to enable the "Published" option.
- (Optional) Enter a description in the Description box field as information about this media upload.
- (Optional) Enter a tag into the Tags box field. To facilitate administration of UW-Platteville videos stored in the Kaltura repository. Minimally tag the media upload with the abbreviated department name and course number (e.g., DEL7510, BASD2610, ENGRPHYS3640).
- (Optional) If any optional metadata above was added, click the Save button to finish and save the metadata details.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.