Topics Map > Campus Services > Multimedia
MyMedia: Create a Webcam Recording
MEDIASPACE VERSION: 5 OR HIGHER
ADOBE SHOCKWAVE FLASH PLAYER VERSION: 10 OR HIGHER
MyMedia provides a tool for webcam recording. Newer webcams are a video camera device integrated with a microphone connected to a computer that captures images continuously in real time and then the continuously recorded images can be saved to MyMedia space. MyMedia does not provide features to pause and start during the recording.
- University NetID login access to MyMedia.
- Current Adobe Flash Player version plugin installed with computer's web browser.
- A connected webcam device to record video.
- Microphone device to record audio with video recording. Usually newer webcam devices have an integrated microphone. Consider an external microphone device if a higher quality audio recording is desired. Note: this is optional if audio is not required with video.
- Open the MyMedia Landing HomePage.
- Login with NetID.
- From the +Add New button dropdown list, select Webcam Recording .
- A new Record from Webcam window will open. Click the Allow button in the open dialog popup.
- A second player settings popup might display again. Click the Allow radio button and then click the Close button.
- Click anywhere in the video window to start recording.
- The recording will begin and display the time recorded. Click anywhere in the video window again to stop the recording.
Note: The webcam recording cannot be paused and restarted to continue recording.
- After the recording is stopped, the recording will be processed.
Note: There isn't a progress bar to help understand how long the processing will take.
- The recorded webcam recording will automatically be played for review. Click the Save button to save the recording or click the red record button to record again.
Note: To exit or cancel the current webcam recording, click the browser refresh page button or close the open web page.
- (Optional) Click the red record button to re-record again.
- After clicking the Save button in the video window, a new Record from Webcam window will open. Click the Allow button in the open dialog popup.