D2L: Create an In-Session Invite to an Online Room (Collaborate)
VERSION 10.3 OR HIGHER
- Access to a Desire2Learn course with a previously created Online Room (D2L: Create an Online Room in Desire2Learn )
- Moderator of the Online Room
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select the course where the online room is located.
- Click on the More dropdown tab on the Navigation bar.
- Select Online Rooms.
- Join the room from which an in-session invite will be sent.
Note: In order to send the invite, it is necessary to be in the room, hence the name "in-session invite."
Note: If the room does not appear to open, check that pop-up windows are not being blocked or that a downloaded file must be accepted.
- After the session opens, click the Tools => In-Session Invite => Invite New Participant.
- A new dialogue box will appear and the session link will appear.
- Copy the link and paste it in a separate E-Mail message (outside the Desire2Learn platform) and send it to the attendee(s).
Note: Composing and sending an Email from the Online Rooms tool is not recommended. This is because email that is not sent from a personal address is more likely to end up in the junk folder of the requested attendee(s).