Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L - Dropbox Bulk Assignment Download and Feedback Upload
VERSION 10.3 OR HIGHER
Instructors can open assignments stored in Desire2Learn individually or download multiple submissions at one time, save them in a convenient location, and then review them later outside of Desire2Learn in a 3-step process. With version 10.3 it is now possible to provide feedback on student submissions, save the marked files, then upload them directly to assign a score and publish feedback to the students. By downloading submissions and providing feedback within the documents using insert comments/track changes in Word documents or a pdf annotation tool it is possible to upload the annotated documents in bulk to the appropriate dropbox folder so they appear as attachments to each user's submission evaluation.
Additional information on Dropbox bulk assignment download and feedback upload can be found at Bulk Publishing Dropbox Feedback Evaluations in the Desire2Learn Online Resource Center. Following this link will direct you away from the UW-Platteville KnowledgeBase.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course.
- Dropbox created with student submissions in appropriate format (.docx or .pdf)
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click Dropbox tab on navigation bar.
- Click on the name of the Dropbox folder with unread submissions.
- Select the Files tab.
- Select the checkbox next to the individual files to download or click the Select All box.
- When all files are selected, click Download.
- Checked files are compressed into a zip file and a new window appears.
- Click on the link for the zip file to download the file to the local computer.
- Locate the zipped folder in the Downloads folder and save to a convenient location on the local computer. The downloaded assignments can now be opened locally and feedback can be provided directly on the document.
- To facilitate the upload process, create a second folder in which the submissions will be saved after feedback is provided.
- Open each submission individually, and provide feedback. Click Save as and save the assignment in the second folder.
- After all of the assignments have been marked, save them together as a zip file.
- (If necessary) Login to Desire2Learn and select the Dropbox tab.
- Open the appropriate Dropbox folder by clicking on the Dropbox name.
- Select the Users tab.
- Select the Add Feedback Files button.
- A new window appears to which the zipped file can be dragged or uploaded.
- Click Add.
Note: Select the checkbox for Overwrite Existing Files to regrade dropbox items that had previously been assessed for the assignment. Clear the Overwrite Existing Files checkbox to keep duplicates.