D2L: Create a Dropbox in Content
VERSION 10.3 AND HIGHER
Additional information on creating a dropbox in content can be found at Creating and Managing Dropbox in the Desire2Learn Online Resource Center. Following this link will direct you away from the UW-Platteville KnowledgeBase.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click Content from the navigation bar.
- Locate the module where the dropbox is to appear.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to New.
- Choose New Dropbox.
- Type in a title and choose if the folder is for individual submission or group submission.
- Use the HTML Editor window to type in instructions about the assignment for the student to review.
- To immediately make the Dropbox available to users click Publish.
- To publish or make available to users at a later date, click Save as Draft.
- Click Add Attachments and a drag/drop box will be displayed that provides a means to upload documents, record audio and/or video files, and to select a file that already exists in the course.
- Activity Details provide further control of a student submission. A grade item can be associated with the dropbox and the completion status set.
- Content restrictions and dates can be added.
- Click on the Options to make changes. Select from the dropdown menus how many files are allowed per submission and how many submissions the student can make.
Note: All submissions are date stamped so it is easy for the instructor to determine the most recent submission if all submissions are kept.
- The Completion Summary shows each student (or group) and what was submitted. To view, click the hide/show icon on the right side of the Completion Summary bar. This is a toggle switch to hide/show the information.
- The filters (All, Complete, Incomplete) allow a view of all students or only those who have completed or not completed the assignment.