D2L: Add a Link to a News Item
Instructors can post messages for their students on their Desire2Learn course homepages quickly and easily using the News tool. When students login to Desire2Learn, they see course News items immediately. It is possible to share external material to the News Item by inserting a URL link.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- URL to be added to News Item
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select the course where the news item will be created.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to News and select New News Item.
- Type desired headline (e.g., Review the Week 2 Videos now).
- Click Insert Stuff .
- Select Insert Link.
- Type or copy and paste URL.
- Click Next.
- Type in Link Text (optional).
- Click Insert.
- Click Publish or Save as Draft.
- If desired, adjust Availability and Release Conditions.