Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Add a Video to News Item
VERSION 10.3 AND HIGHER
Instructors can post messages for their students on their Desire2Learn course homepages quickly and easily using the News tool. When students login to Desire2Learn, they see course News items immediately. To create a more functional news item post, images, links and files can be added to the News items. Adding video to News Items on the course homepage provides an exciting way to share timely and relevant video content with students.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- Video to be added to News Item
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select the course where the news item will be created.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to News and select New News Item.
- Type desired headline (e.g., Review the Week 2 Videos now).
- To link from MyMedia, an external website or shared drive click the Insert Stuff icon
- Select the type of link to be added.
- Search for and select the video to be added to the news item.
- Click Next.
- The selected video will appear in the player.
- Click Insert.
- Click Publish or Save as Draft.
- If desired, adjust Availability and Release Condition.