Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Export Grades
VERSION 10.3 AND HIGHER
Gradebooks can be exported from Desire2Learn to an Excel workbook or a .csv file. Grade items and grade categories that are to be exported can be selected. That is, not all grade items need to be exported at one time. All students or groups of students can be exported.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click Grades from the main menu.
- Choose Enter Grades from the Grades menu.
- Click Export button.
- Under Export Options, choose to export grades for All users or Group of students. Click Apply.
- Select a Key Field: Org Defined ID or Username or Both. Note that Org Defined ID is necessary for Importing grades.
- Choose which Grade Values to export: Points grade, Weighted grade and Grade Scheme. Note that Weighted grade and Grade Scheme cannot be used in importing grades.
- Select User Details to be included in the export: Last Name, First Name and/or Email.
- Place a check by each grade item and category to be exported.
- Click Export to CSV to create a Comma Separated Values file.
- Click Export to Excel to create an Excel workbook.