D2L: Import Grades
VERSION 10.3 AND HIGHER
Gradebooks can be imported from .csv or .txt files. Only numeric, pass/fail, selectbox and text grade items can be imported. The FInal Adjusted Grade can also be imported. New grade items can be created as part of the import process. Additional information on importing grades can be found at Importing Grades in the Desire2Learn Online Resource Center. Following this link will direct you away from the UW-Platteville Knowledgebase.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- A .txt or .csv (Excel) file that follows the sample format given on the Import Grades page.
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click Grades from the main menu.
- Choose Enter Grades from the Grades menu.
- Click Import.
- Click Browse.
- Select the file from your computer that contains the grade information.
- To add a new grade item, select the checkbox for Create New Grade Item when an unrecognized item is reference.
- Make sure the checkbox is marked for Create New Grade Item for each new grade item.
- Select the grade item type for each new grade item.
- Enter each grade item's properties.
- Click Continue.
- Error messages and/or warning messages will be displayed.
- Click Continue. Fields with errors will not be imported.
- Review the import. Click Import.