Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Associating a Grade Item to a Quiz
VERSION 10.3 AND HIGHER
When creating a quiz, users can add a new grade item and link to it to the quiz during creation, or a new grade item can be created in an existing quiz using the instructions shown below.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn course
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click Quizzes on the navigation bar. If it is not an option, click More, and then choose Quizzes.
- Either select New Quiz, or click the drop-down list next to the quiz you would like and select Edit.
- Click the Assessment tab.
- If the grade item displays None, click the down-arrow and select the proper grade item. If it does not exist, click Add Grade Item to create a grade item; and follow these instructions:
- Enter the Name of the new Grade Item.
- Enter the Short Name of the new Grade Item (Optional).
- Use the drop-down list to select a Grade Category for the grade item.
- Enter the Maximum Points for the grade item.
- If the grade item can exceed the number of points, check Can Exceed. (Optional)
- If the grade item is used for bonus points, check Bonus. (Optional)
- Check Exclude from Final Grade Calculation if the grade item is not to be included.
- Use the drop-down list to select a grade scheme to apply to the grade item. Note: the default grade scheme will be used if nothing is selected.
- To add a rubric to this grade item, click the Add Rubric button. To create a rubric for the grade item, click Create Rubric in New Window.
- Scroll down to view the Restrictions options. The Grade Item is always visible option is marked by default. Choose to hide or set a date/time for the grade to be made visible.
- Click Save to create the grade item, and then it can be selected as the grade item to associate with the quiz.
- Review the other options on the Assessment tab, to see if other changes are needed. Click Save and Close to complete the task.
If you have questions, please contact the DLC Help Desk at 608.342.1303, or 877.854.3083. You can also visit the DLC Help Desk's web page for information on hours of availability.